blank masthead

A fire on Rodney Street destroys an apartment

Jan 30, 2014 -- 12:06pm

Cape Girardeau Firefighters responded to a fire on at 121 E. Rodney Apt. B at 5:20pm yesterday (Wednesday). Upon arrival they found smoke coming from the front and rear second floor windows and flames on the second floor! All occupants were outside, but firefighters did assist other occupants in evacuating who did not know they were in danger in other parts of the building. The fire was quickly put out but the apartment sustained moderated damage. Crews were on scene for 1 ½ hours. The fire was ruled as accidental. Something on the stove was the cause.


Return to: Local News Blog