The American Queen loves Cape Girardeau so much that they're docking here twice in one week! Be sure to visit the river to check the American Queen out! It will be back on Sunday the 7th and then several more times through July and into September. The Queen is an American steamboat with a capacity of 436 passengers. While docked, the steamboats offer tours of Cape Girardeau to the passengers. Passengers also have the chance to enjoy our historic downtown area. The Bureau says all times are "river time," dependent upon the Mighty Mississippi. Unfortunately, they say tours of the steamboats are not available due to security reasons. For more information, you can call the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 573-335-1631.
The American Queen will be docked in Cape Girardeau on the following dates:
· Sunday, July 7th from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
· Thursday, July 18th from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
· Sunday, July 21st from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Tuesday, August 20th from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
· Sunday, September 8th from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
· Thursday, September 26th from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Return to: Local News Blog